Just a few things bouncing around in my head today.
Greta said her first two word phrase today. She said "hi daddy". Of course, I missed it and then she got stage fright when Chad tried to get her to repeat it in front of me. I think she goes through stages of having favorite words or sounds. Right now, she says "hi" constantly. I had her on my hip this afternoon and I was going to make a call on my cell phone and before I could say anything she chimed in "hi".
Do you love sweet tea? I think I found the perfect pre-made sweet tea tonight at Target. It's absolutely delicious and tastes like it's been sitting on my front step brewing in the sun all day. LOVE.
We had my friend, Chelsae, over today with her almost 7 mos. old daughter, Maya, for a playdate. Greta loves having friends over to play. She has started trying to say "Maya" but it sounds similar to her word for milk and mom. She gets the first syllable out. The words Greta has said thus far are dad, mom, ball, cheese, baby, hi, bye, and milk.
Greta's gag reflex has been in full force lately. Last night for dinner I made a roast with carrots and potatoes. We were giving Greta some bites of plain mashed potatoes and she was a little leary of it and on her 3rd bite she gagged up most of her meal. This has been happening frequently when we try giving her something new. She is so darn picky. On a happier note, we transitioned over to whole milk this week. I'm still pumping so she gets about 1/4 breastmilk mixed with the whole milk. We had started supplementing with formula when Greta was 11 months because my supply started to decrease a bit. We've been mixing formula, whole milk, and breastmilk for about the past 3 weeks because Greta wouldn't take the whole milk/breastmilk combo initially. It's nice to not have to buy formula anymore. Man, that stuff is expensive.
I found a 2-pack of play baby bottles this week when I was shopping at Toys R Us. Greta still always has her baby in hand and she usually just uses one of her empty baby bottles to "feed" her babies. She loves the new smaller baby bottles and has been very busy tending to her babies.
No signs of walking yet but Greta has started standing up a few times where her hands are on the ground and her legs are straight. Kind of like she's touching her toes. Usually she does it with one arm because she has her baby tucked under her left arm. She could stand on her own if she wanted to but she just seems perfectly happy doing her mock scoot/crawl to get around.
That's all for today. Happy Wednesday peeps!
Park City Utah
4 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment