5.08.2011

mother's day


"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

We've had a wonderful weekend. The weather has been gorgeous. I had a wonderful Mother's Day with all my loves. The day started with a wonderful night of uninterrupted sleep. Chad got up with Greta at 3am so I could have a good night's sleep. Greta woke up at 8am and was literally squealing with delight in her room. She was so happy this morning. (She's generally pretty happy when she wakes up but she was just bubbling with excitement this morning). We gathered the family and tried to decide what we should do for the day. Chad also surprised me by telling me he was going to buy me a new camera for Mother's Day. Yay! So a trip to National Camera was planned since he knows I like to pick these things out myself. We decided that Greta would probably crash on us midway through brunch if we decided to go out before she had her morning nap so we decided to go out to eat after she woke up. Chad and I were both hungry for breakfast though so we loaded up the family (this includes Sofie) in the van and went through the drive-thru at White Castle. Klassy. I don't like White Castle burgers but their breakfasts rock! I love their english muffin with a fried egg, cheese, and bacon. One of the jurors from the trial I was on last year actually turned me on to the delicious White Castle breakfasts. After our delicious breakfast and a little playtime, Greta went down for her morning nap. After Greta woke up, we headed down to Golden Valley for brunch at Good Day Cafe. It was delicious. I had their crab cake benedict and Chad had the corned beef hash. The surprise of the meal though was the pancakes. We had ordered a short stack for Greta and they ended up being our favorites of the meal. They tasted like they had a hint of beer in them. I'll definitely order those again. We didn't take many pictures today. Here's one of Greta at the restaurant.

After brunch we went to National Camera Exchange to look at cameras. I think I found the one that I want but wanted to do a little more internet research before I commit to one. Hopefully, I'll have it in my hands this week though. So excited! I think we might go to the MN Zoo this weekend and I can try out my new camera. I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 last week too so I should be ready to go! After camera shopping, we made a quick trip to Target and then headed home. Greta took a long afternoon nap from 4:15-6:15pm and was up until 8pm tonight. She has been such a talker lately. She was making us laugh with her little jibber jabber trails. Chad finished putting locks on the cabinets tonight while she was eating dinner so she's going to be surprised tomorrow when she finds out she can't open the cabinets anymore. One funny thing that happened tonight- I was downstairs in the family room and Chad was upstairs getting some food. I heard my phone ring and got up to answer it. I saw it was Chad and I sat back down on the couch to find out what he needed. As I said hello, I looked down on the floor and see Greta holding Chad's phone. She made her first call and called her mommy. Too funny!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails