I can't believe it's already Sunday. The weekend has flown by. We've had fun hanging out as a family. On Saturday, we went to a Create-A-Plate event that was put on by ECFE. Chad or I aren't very creative but I think our plate turned out pretty cute. Greta was super chatty in the car on the way to the event but when she got inside she was so quiet and serious. Even when she saw her friends Ian, Molly, Kieran, and Bjorn.
 |
| Daddy and Greta with our plate. |
After the plate decorating, we all came home and took a long family nap. So nice! I had been wanting to take Chad to Trader Joe's this weekend so after our nap we hopped in the car and headed to Trader Joe's. We were starting to get hungry so we decided to check out the happy hour specials at Pittsburgh Blue. It's not the most kid-friendly restaurant but they had awesome appetizers! Greta had her first experience sitting in a booster chair and I had my arm firmly placed around her during the entire meal worried she would slip under the table.
 |
| So serious. |
 |
| Family time! |
 |
| Helping Mommy and Daddy shop at Trader Joe's! |
 |
| Singing songs in the car! |
Greta has been sleeping in until 8:30am and it has been a miracle! I'm feeling so rested! She slept in on Sunday morning and we had some fun playing in our pjs. After Greta's morning nap, we decided to go to our favorite brunch spot, 3 Squares. Greta tried french toast and butterscotch pudding for the first time. She liked the french toast but didn't care for the butterscotch pudding. I think it was a little too sweet for her.
 |
| Enjoying french toast! |
 |
| At 3 Squares today! |
Greta also tried ham and Trader Joe's macaroni and cheese for the first time today. She ate both really well. She's been so talkative the past few weeks. This weekend she said baby, puppy, Sofie (Chad heard her say this), mom, and dad. She's been mimicking us a lot too. I was eating peanut butter toast the other morning and I look over and she's totally immitating me moving my mouth eating the toast. It was so funny!
 |
| Tending to one of her babies. |
Friday night, I had fun hanging out with my friend, Sarah, and catching up on her recent trip to New Zealand. Earlier in the night, I had gotten my hair done and was finished around 8:30pm. Sarah and I were going to meet for dessert and I was having dinner since I hadn't ate yet. We parked off Lyndale and Lake and tried going to the Lyndale Tap but the wait was 45 minutes long. Then we headed over to Herkimer but they were carding at door and I couldn't find my ID. We then walked to Cause and were again turned away because I didn't have my ID. Ugh. It was so frustrating because we just wanted to eat and had no plans of ordering alcohol. We got in the car and drove to Burger Jones and luckily were seated right away. I guess the fourth try was a charm because our meal was awesome. In case you were worried, I did find my ID when I got home. It was in a different pocket in my purse after a recent trip to the bank.
We've got a busy but fun week planned along with adding another storytime class to our schedule. I hope the weather warms up so we can start taking some walks outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment