3.12.2011

kristy yamaguchi

I had a nearly perfect day today. The day started off with Chad and I taking Greta to her baby class. She had a wonderful time, as she always does. We absolutely love the instructor, Shirley. She's known Greta since she was around 7 months old and loves Greta. There is a baby doll in the class that Greta loves to hold and today she spent a good portion of the class holding the little baby doll and burping her. She just cracks me up. At another point in the class, Greta was hanging out with her friend and Greta was enjoying her company so much that Greta put her head on the little 10 month old girl's shoulder.

After class, we came home and put Greta down for her overdue morning nap. I have been so sleep deprived this week because Greta has been waking up most mornings at 5:45-6:30am. Too early for this nightowl! I really need to get to bed earlier. Note: It's 10:45pm right now and tonight we lose an hour of sleep. Hrumph. Anyway, I laid down in bed and was just going to rest for a bit. I turned on the radio to listen to my favorite womens talk radio station. The Shopgirls were on and they were interviewing Kristy Yamaguchi. She was talking about a new children's book she had just written and that she'd be signing copies at the Mall of America today from 2-4pm. It was about 12:30pm when I was listening to this and I thought it would be so fun to take Greta to the book signing but the thought of driving 30+ miles to the MOA exhausted me. Especially since I'd probably go by myself because it's rarity when I can drag Chad to the MOA. So as I lay in bed trying to decide if I should make the drive to see Kristy or if I should just take a nice nap my phone rang. It was my friend, Sarah, and she wanted to know if Greta and I were up for a girl's day? She suggested meeting at the mall so we decided on meeting at the Mall of America and taking the girls to the book signing.

We planned to meet at 3pm and thought we'd have an hour to get in line and get our books signed. Neither of us expected the mall to be absolutely packed today. It was pure craziness in the parking ramp. I was trying to park by the Sears entrance and twice while I was circling around for a spot I got pushed back out on the main road again. Ugh. We finally both ended up parking around the same time and rushed into the mall. When we got there Kristy was just getting up and was going to leave early because there wasn't anyone waiting. What?!? Here we are!!! I think Sarah gave her a look and she saw we had to little cuties waiting for their books. She agreed to sign a few more copies and we quickly scooted up to the stage.
Sarah, Madelynn, Greta, and I
You can almost feel Greta's excitement :)
After our book signing, we escaped to Barnes and Noble and hung out in the children's section for a bit so we could escape the mall craziness and chat. After, we ate dinner at Noodles and then did a little shopping.
Greta loved hanging out with Madelynn. They were both so good for us at the mall and we had an awesome time. We didn't get on the road until around 7:45pm and I was surprised Greta was still in great spirits since she is usually in bed around 6:30pm. She zonked out in the car though and called it a night.

It was such a perfect day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails