3.22.2011

puppy love

We had a rough end to our weekend. Our dog, Sofie, woke up on Sunday morning around 7:30am and just didn't seem right. I was trying to cuddle with her in bed and she seemed to not be able to get comfortable and eventually got off the bed and went to the floor which is completely out of character for her. She continued to feel yucky the rest of the morning. I had switched her food about 3 days prior so we were thinking that was what had aggravated her tummy. She wouldn't eat anything and we were so worried about her. We had plans to meet some relatives out for brunch but Greta and I ended up going by ourselves and Chad stayed home to monitor Sofie. She had a rough afternoon but about 12 hours after she initially started feeling off she was coming back around. She usually handles food changes really well but I guess not this one. Sunday was a long day of worrying about Sofie and by the evening we were exhausted but happy that she was starting to feel better and act like her old self again. We love her so much. I think sometimes I feel like I don't give her enough attention because she doesn't really ask for much and will often just lay around all day but we all gave her extra hugs and kisses this weekend. We love our Mo-Mo.
Greta sure loves her Sofie too (and her baby doll).

Mommy's girl

So busy! This girl can make a mess!

She was wearing the cutest shirt on Monday that said "Ready for the dog park" but of course it was near impossible to get a good picture.

Eating on the go!
I feel like we are just trying to shovel food in Greta because she is only weighing in the 5th percentile. We don't usually feed her like this but I thought this was a funny picture of Sofie waiting for her turn.

We had a funny moment with Greta tonight. She was in the corner grunting and we suspected trying to go #2 by the sounds of things. After a minute, she looks over to us and signs "all done". Too funny!

We also had a scare tonight with Greta. She was lying on her back and I was trying to get her changed into her pajamas. I was tickling her tummy and I noticed she started to choke a bit. She will sometimes get too much saliva in her mouth and it seems like she chokes a bit on it. I thought this was what she was doing but I popped her up and started patting her back. She was gagging and sputtering and puked up all her milk she had just drank. It was really scary because for a few seconds it seemed like she wasn't getting any air. We won't be having tickle time after her bottle again.

Greta slept through the night again last night! Yippee! I could get used to this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails