I'm starting to get behind with keeping up on the blog. Greta is so busy now during the day and is usually only taking two naps a day so my computer time is getting shorter and shorter. One highlight from the week that stands out is Tuesday night. We had one of our worst nights ever with Greta this week. On Tuesday night, she woke up at 1:40am and was crying hysterically. She usually gets up 2 times per night but not typically at this time. I went in and she was standing up in her crib. This was the first time she stood in her crib so I think it scared her. The next 2+ hours were rough of trying to console her and get her back to sleep and then her hysterically crying and standing up in the crib anytime we put her back in there. She finally passed out in my arms at 4am. She usually doesn't like to be rocked to sleep so it was sweet to just hold her and have her asleep in my arms. She was so worked up that she would let out big sighs every few minutes as she slept. I was so exhausted the next morning that we skipped baby storytime. I went to bed on Wednesday night at 8:50pm and got the more sleep than I have in months. Greta did still wake up twice but it was so much more manageable with going to be so early. I felt so refreshed the next day.
On Thursday, we went to our baby class in the morning and then came home for a nap and lunch. After lunch, we got packed in the car to go to another class and drove out of the garage. At the end of the driveway, I noticed that one side of the car seemed lower than the other. I got out of the car and sure enough we had a completely flat tire. Bummer. We were house bound for the rest of the afternoon until Chad came home to fix it. It turned out that I had a huge bolt in the tire and they were able to easily patch it up.
Friday, we went to a playdate at another mom's house and then went out to lunch with the other moms and their kids. All the kids did really well at the restaurant and it was fun start to the day. Most of the moms at the playdate I hadn't met before so it was fun to meet some new moms and their kids. One of the moms even had a hometown connection with us. It's such a small world! On Friday evening, one of my mom friends had a little get together at her house. We all used to be in the same class together but some of the mom's have since gone back to work and we don't see eachother weekly in class anymore. It's been fun to reconnect during our evening get togethers. We laughed, drank wine, had yummy appetizers, and played games. I can tell that pregnancy and motherhood has really done a number on my memory. We played Scattergories and I usually do really well at this game. During one round, I had over half still blank when the buzzer rang! Ugh!
I always enjoy Saturday mornings because I get to sleep in a little since Chad gets up with Greta although my sleeping in has been cut short now that we are going to a class in the morning. I love our Saturday morning class though so that makes it a little easier having to get up early. This class has a fun resource room where you can check out toys, books, puzzles, etc. So far Greta's favorite toy that we "loaned" was the xylophone. Last week, we had some musical shaking toys and this week we choose a drum with lots of fun musical instruments. She really likes the drum too.
 |
| The xylophone we borrowed from the toy resource room. |
 |
| Playing with the snow at class. |
 |
| There were no baby bottles at class so Greta improvised. |
 |
| She loves to pull up on her carseat. |
 |
| Pretty smile. |
 |
| So big! |
 |
| Toothy grin! I woinder when she is going to get more teeth? She still only has the bottom two. |
 |
| Daddy dressed her today. Sweaters and jeans for the both of them. |
We got a ton of snow today. It didn't stop Greta and I from getting out of the house though and meeting our friends for lunch. I am so excited for summer when we can just hop in the stroller and take a walk outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment