8.07.2010

Dizzy the Mutt with the Propeller Butt

A local talk radio host that I listen to recently wrote a children's book. It's about their bichon mix, Dizzy, who they adopted from a shelter.

A little about the book:

Dizzy the mutt with the propeller butt has a spirit for adventure. When Dizzy finally finds a family, he refuses to change his wandering ways. He’s a dog with many lives. If you don’t keep your eye on Dizzy, he could be doing almost anything. Do you ever wonder about your dog’s adventures? Today, you can read about Dizzy’s.

When I heard Ian was doing a local reading and book signing this Saturday at the Longfellow Grill in Minneapolis I knew we had to bring Greta. The book touches two topics I hope she has a passion for- dogs and animal rescue.

Here's Greta meeting Ian for the first time. I told Chad he had to be a "PAPA-razzi" and take no last than 20 pictures of the event to make sure we got some decent shots.
Ian thinks Greta's feet are yummy!


Ian autographing a book for Greta.
Ian and the illustrator of the book, D.C. Ice, in the background.

Ian and his wife, Margery, with Greta. They are both hosts on the morning talk radio show. I love it and listen every morning.
Here's what Ian wrote to Greta in her book:
To patient Greta, sweet baby friend. Have a blessed life! God Bless, Ian.
I remember when my childhood friend, Sarah, and I waited at our local library to get an autographed copy of the book "Mom's on Strike". It wasn't that great of a book but I remember Sarah and I thinking it was so fun to have an autographed book. I don't think either of us ever finished reading it.
After the book signing, we ate breakfast at the Longfellow Grill.

Here's Greta showing us appropriate restaurant behavior.
We may have an uphill battle with this little girl. First, no shoes in a restaurant, and then sucking on her toes. Oh my!
Making eyes at daddy...Such a fun day! Now we need to go home for a nap!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails