We had a funny instance tonight that I wanted to document. Chad, Greta, and I went to Kohl's tonight because Chad wanted to buy some new work clothes. Greta loves shopping and usually brings her purse and her baby with her. She likes to walk around the racks and look at the clothes. She's usually really good about staying right by us. After Chad was done picking out clothes he went to try on a few items and Greta sat in the stroller while we waited to give daddy a thumbs up or thumbs down on his outfits. A man commented on how good Greta was being and that she had a cute baby doll.
After Chad finished trying on clothes we went to customer service to return a few things. Greta started getting a little fussy because she wanted milk so Chad held her. They split from me and went off to look at socks and shoes. We then met up in the shoe section and we picked out a pair of shoes for Greta. She had fun walking around the aisles and testing out her new shoes. After this we went to the checkout counter where I realized Greta didn't have her baby doll. I knew we had it when we went to customer service and was suspicious something may have happened to it when she was on her dad's watch in the socks and shoes section. Chad and Greta went back to look for the baby while I paid for everything. As I was finishing they came back to the register and Chad said they couldn't find it. I knew it had to be somewhere in the last area we were just shopping at and went back to take a look for myself. Chad reminded me that it's just a $3 doll but I felt a sentimental tug on my heart to find her baby because it's her very favorite toy. She loves that doll so much and I couldn't bear to have the poor doll sitting lonely in Kohl's all night probably under some clothes rack. My search came up empty and I went to customer service to see if they had a baby doll turned in. Nothing had been returned so we went to search again. Again, no sign of the baby. I went back to customer service to leave my name and number in case the doll was found. We were about ready to leave but I felt like we should take just one more swing through the shoe section. I put Greta in the stroller because she was getting heavy. As we walked through the shoe section for probably the 10th time looking for the doll I hear Greta say "uh oh, baby". I look down and there on top of a box of shoes in the shelf is her baby doll. How funny is it that both Chad and I had been down that aisle numerous times looking for the baby but it took Greta to find it for us? I just can't get over her finding that baby.
 |
| While we were searching for the doll, Chad questioned that she had even had it with her at Kohl's but I told him I had photographic evidence:) |
 |
| Shopping with her baby before the doll went MIA. |
No comments:
Post a Comment