11.20.2010

lazy saturday

Hey web friends! What's up? This little sweet girl is obsessed with eyeing the computer screen and grabbing for the cord. Today has been a really relaxed day after a busy week. If you know me, I'm usually on the go and love to fill my weekends with lunch dates, shopping, coffee with friends, but today we didn't really have any plans. It was kind of nice for a change. I had a late night on Thursday and Friday at friends' houses so it was nice to catch up on some sleep this morning. Last night, a mom from my mom's group hosted a "mom's night in" and served us a delicious meal while we talked late into the evening. On Thursday night, Chad and I had a infant CPR and choking class that we attended and then I had a fun evening at a friend's house while we chatted over some delicious Pinot Grigio. It was a nice change to just hang out at friends' houses rather than go to a restaurant, especially with the chilly weather we've been having. Back to Thursday night- Chad and I finally got around to going to this CPR and choking class. We didn't have anyone to watch Greta so I brought her with us and thought one of us would just step out of the room or even leave (we drove separately) if she got too fussy since the class was close to her bedtime. She surprised us again and was so good. She just sat on our lap for 2 hours and was so content. It was amazing. This morning she started making a blowing sound with her mouth and I'm wondering if she is copying us from watching us practice at class.
Sofie always has to be the center of attention
After sleeping in a bit this morning, Chad, Greta, and I went out for an early lunch at Carol's Restaurant. They have the most delicious tuna salad sandwich. It's a twist on your ordinary sandwich and has curry, raisins, and walnuts in it. I wish they would give me the recipe. It is so yummy!

Chad went to the Harry Potter movie in the afternoon with his friend, Barry, and Greta and I took a nice afternoon nap.
My two favorite people
Greta is getting a lot better at putting weight on her legs and standing with a little assistance. For the longest time, she hasn't been good at standing and would just rather sit. We've been working on it with her she seems to be building some strength in her legs. I've been putting Robeez on her more and I think it seems to help her stand.

We went out to Major's for dinner and then it was straight to bed for this sweet baby girl.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails