
Dear Greta,
I can't believe you've already been in our lives for over 2 months. The time has just flown by. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. I'm trying to capture and cherish each moment with you because I know in a blink of an eye you'll be walking, driving, and then off to college.
I think we're starting to see your cues for when you are hungry, tired, need a diaper change, or just want to be held. You are such a good baby. You've been sleeping so well lately. We haven't had another 7 hour night of sleep but you usually sleep between 5-6 hours before waking up to eat and then immediately go back to sleep. You usually don't even open your eyes the entire time I'm feeding you. You usually sleep about 12 hours at night and get up twice. So if we put you down between 9:30-10:30pm you will usually sleep until about 9:30-10:30am before you are ready to be up for the day. You are so smiley in the morning and even though you are hungry you like to just look at me and smile and coo. It's cute because it's like you realize you haven't seen me for awhile and want to have a little chat first before your breakfast.

You just love baths. I think you like being naked. So far, you've never been upset when getting a bath. Even if you are a little fussy before the bath, it seems to relax you. Daddy usually gives the baths and I just look at you and comment how big you've grown.

You are really starting to show your personality. You are so happy and just love to smile and stick your tongue out. Daddy taught you how to stick your tongue out so now you use it as a form of communication. You will often stick your tongue out and wait for us to do the same back to you. It's too cute. Hopefully, you don't continue this little trick into grade school.

You are starting to really recognize our voices. Sometimes daddy will be holding you and I'll come into the room and start talking and you'll hear my voice and try to turn your head to hear me. I love that you are starting to recognize us.
We've started to venture out of the house a lot more and take little day trips around the city. I think you like the change of scenary and are usually just happy sitting in your stroller. The only bad part about going somewhere is that it takes forever for us to get out of the house. No matter how quickly we try to get ready it usually takes us from start to out the door- 2 hours. No worries- we just plan accordingly.
What are you up to at 2 months old?
- smile at the sound of our voice and you will smile at other people
- you can raise your head and chest when lying on your stomach
- roll over from stomach to back
- hit the objects on your activity mat
- recognize yourself in the mirror on your papasan chair and talk to yourself
- coo and try to talk to us
- you have good neck strength and can sit in your bumbo chair for a short amount of time.
- you eat about 4 oz. at a time
- wear size one diapers
- still wear newborn clothes and are in some size o-3 month clothes
- you love music and it's even better if mommy dances around a little bit.
- You are getting along great with Sofie and Bijou. Sofie will get up with you in the middle of the night and come into the nursery when I change your diaper. This is huge for Sofie because it sometimes takes a miracle to get Sofie up in the morning. Bijou doesn't really pay too much attention to you. She will sometimes lay by your bouncy seat though or come over to you if you are crying.
Your mommy and daddy couldn't love you more. We're excited to see you grow and change, but not too fast there little missy. Time- please stand still.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment